Stat Maxing!!!

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
Well, for those of you who are not wrapped-up in the new Spamtastic wrestling thread and are still playing or have info/pics of your sphere grid, (US version preferrably) I was wondering what individual's grids looked like and how your characters measure up.

I'm just beginning the stat maxing process and it would be great to get some screenshots of some of your sphere grids to contribute to my imagination. Thanks all! :rolleyes:
 
Well, no replies so I guess I'll share my progress...

I'm about 86 hrs in, have most of the +1 nodes cleared off and have got about 160 Strength and about the same in defense so far. Man, getting agility spheres is going to be rough. That wolf (I think his name is Fenrir) is tough to hit. I'm going to have to get a lot more accuracy spheres first. Urgh, I didn't know this was going to take so long....

Oh! And Ironclad is a pain! A TON of HP for that metal-bound SOB! It'll be like 15 hours fighting him alone to get all the HP+ 300 spheres that I need. Oh well. Back to work.
 
Lol, so you know, you don't need to use MP Spheres. A run across the whole grid should net you 999 MP, and you don't really need 9,999 with One MP Cost ability. Oh, and Overdrives do hit Fenrir. The easy way, if you have Entrust+Attack Reels, repeatedly do that. =D Or, teach Wakka Quick Hit, Hastega, and Quick Hit like crazy. Point is to attack it as much as you can before it gets it's first turn.
 
K...thanks. 8D I'm not interested in getting 999 MP either. Actually, I'm clearing a LOT of the Mp + 20 and just leaving a select few + 40's instead. Only looking at getting about 400MP or so for everyone. Next, I'm working on my other stats. Wait till I get 255 of a Stat, (take agility for example) and then start to delete the < +4 stats and replace them. So far my str is 255, my agility is ~180, and other stats are nearing 255. Magic is taking a while, and Fighting the Iron Giant is going to take forever since he takes like 20 whackapoos and keeps on ticking - and you have to fight him 100 + times for enought HP + spheres.


I'm already at 102 hrs gametime though. So I'm not doing too bad. Luck is going to take a LONG time as well though. (Even though I only want like a 100 stat on luck.
 
Did you complete the Nirvana? It's a shame if you did, because Belegmine(?) is a sphere (insert the bad B word). You can crop SO many spheres of many kinds from her and her weak aeons. But, yeah, the Arena may be harder, but you get more of them. Max is twelve in defeating The Magus Sisters in Remiem Temple. But yeah, if you haven't yet, that's a very easy way. :D You don't NEED to max Luck..unless you favor Rikku (<3) and easier critical hits.
 
I got another 10 hp spheres last night and added 3k to my hp. Didn't work on any other stats. Tonight I'm going to unlock Nemesis <grin> FINALLY!!!

Hopefully that will net me some Break HP limit auto-armors. Don't want a full 7 character ensemble, just 3 or so.

After Nemesis, Time to focus on HP again! Iron clad is a sissy though. My evasion is so high (and agility too) that he never even gets a lick in! He's done in about 25 quick hits or so.
 
reasoniamalive said:
I got another 10 hp spheres last night and added 3k to my hp. Didn't work on any other stats. Tonight I'm going to unlock Nemesis <grin> FINALLY!!!

Hopefully that will net me some Break HP limit auto-armors. Don't want a full 7 character ensemble, just 3 or so.

After Nemesis, Time to focus on HP again! Iron clad is a sissy though. My evasion is so high (and agility too) that he never even gets a lick in! He's done in about 25 quick hits or so.
Is there really a reason to focus on HP? After you max out your defense and have protect casted, you are pretty much unstoppable. You are barely affected by physical attacks and then with protect, only half of that will hit you. Of course, you have your attacks like karma, and the needles (1,000, 10,000, 99,999) that will do the same regardless of defense and will kill you in 1 hit.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for your concern gents...but I just HAVE to see 99,999 HP! Not to mention I want to max out my Aeons...going to be a long game.

Right now, I'm @ 34K HP. I'm waiting till I get 99k to max out my other stats how I see fit. but everything but agility and luck are at 200+.

Making progress...
 
I would love to see really high hp like you have but dont have the time and patience i'm afraid. Another reason is that healing items are capped at a maximum of 9999hp recovery.
 
dappa said:
I would love to see really high hp like you have but dont have the time and patience i'm afraid. Another reason is that healing items are capped at a maximum of 9999hp recovery.


Items, yes. However, Rikku's overdrives completely replenish spent HP. So you just get an Ultra potion and replenish everyone's HP in one shot! This works great against Greater Sphere.
 
reasoniamalive said:
Items, yes. However, Rikku's overdrives completely replenish spent HP. So you just get an Ultra potion and replenish everyone's HP in one shot! This works great against Greater Sphere.

Oh yeah forgot about those ultra potions. I just use animas overdrive to smack greater sphere into smithereens.
 
reasoniamalive said:
You have the International version, correct? Doesn't Anima's OD do more damage than any other attack in the game???

Yeah my anima has 255 for strength and its overdrive is hitting an enemy for 20 times. Each hit can do up to 99999 damage for most enemies.

But for greater sphere each hit tends to do about 50000 hp damage. So two of those is more than enough to finish greater sphere off.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top