"Perfection"
I have absolutely nothing to say to you
But I bet you know how I feel right now
The bad times overtook the only good few
And I'm not even going to ask exactly how
I've just met you, and yet, it's ever so silly
I can't seem to get my feelings in plain view
I guess I've lost something important in me
I just don't know anything that I can really do
You're shy, not outgoing, and awfully homely
Figured that you'd be just another easy prey
The damaging figure, that's who you will be
I know, but your face, I doubt that I'll say
Perfection is a crazy thing; The flaws, to be exact
To be perfect is to be imperfect, and regain what's lost
It's really funny, that the first thing you do is not act
You don't really think about, or concern the real cost
You let life take it's toll, and you live life with the wind
And you fall like a fool, off your high chair, to the ground
It's a good thing your head's hard, and thick skinned
Or the mind potential you have wouldn't even be around
I like you a lot, and I bet it'll blossom into that love thing
That I'm sure of, but I'm scared that we can't keep it up
As smart as I am, I can't even predict what love will bring
I'm not perfect either, and you'll spread like black felt cup
I could live without you right now, but I'm taking a chance
I'm letting you in, and I pray that you don't destroy the inside
It has been destroyed once, and you see me in this trance
But now I've found something, and frankly, I don't want to hide
I think I want to start again, but only, with someone different
No hard feelings, so no regrets for me trying this a second time
I've lost most of my strength, but I doubt it's gone, only lent
To different people, with strong words, but strength is now mine
I haven't talked to anyone, so I can't say I got those words like others
But as long as my mind is set, perfection can be, actually, most simple
So let's hold hands, face the fears, other hand clenched strong like brothers
Then laugh at the seriousness of it all, while I giggle at your dimples
We're only kids, and while we want to grow up, we don't have to just yet
Perfection is a long way away, and I'm pretty much satisfied where I stand
The road will be hard, bumpy, full of tricks from below, but please, don't fret
All you have to do is stand strong, where you are in life, and take my hand.
--
Literally written in ten minutes, a week ago. x3