The (new and improved!) RPG Journal!

Re: the rpg journal

After starting FF7 over again a week ago I'm at the part in Disc. 2 were you go to REDXIII's grandpa (Whatever that huge name is) to ask for advice and you take him to the City of the Ancients. I'm taking a break from the plot to catch the chocobos I need to get a Gold chocobo in preparation for Disk 3. Also in One hr. and 18min. I was able to morph enoff creatures into 25 power sources, 27 guard sources, 3 magic sources, 10 luck sources, and 6 speed sources. Cloud is insanly strong now for being at level 56. :D
 
Re: the rpg journal

You have know clue what all of that means! :D :D :D Take my word for it. It's good to get that many sources in an hour. :)
 
Re: the rpg journal

One time I didn't know were to go ( before the daimand WEAPON) so I leveled up to 100 with my party :D :D
 
Re: the rpg journal

You can only go to 99 Silly! :) I'm an obsessive level upper.
 
Re: the rpg journal

I know...just adding information....
 
Re: the rpg journal

The level counter only goes up to 99, but you can still go up levels and raise your stats. after you are at 99.
 
Re: the rpg journal

....how can you level up is your maximum is 99? if so than what's the point of stoping the level at 99 since your status is still improving?
 
Re: the rpg journal

The point is that Square didn't feel like adding an extra place to stick the 100 digit in. I don't know why. Its the same with HP and the damage limit. Why not make it go to 10,000 HP instead of 9999. Its only 1 more HP. The reason is that back then It was harder to create soft-ware to make the digits go higher. They have to make the counter 5 digits instead of four.
 
Re: the rpg journal

Well, there's gotta be a cap or everything would be wayyyyy too easy ;)
 
Re: the rpg journal

That is very true and personaly I like how they made it at 9999. It's unique!

EDIT: In the FFnet.net RPG thing I got my level 16! :) Now I have to get to level 20 in order to get what I want next. :( That'll take about a month.

To celebrate my 16 though... DRINKS ALL AROUND ON ME!!!!! :D:D:D:):p:D:eek::cool:
 
Last edited:
Re: the rpg journal

Tiny Bronco said:
The point is that Square didn't feel like adding an extra place to stick the 100 digit in. I don't know why. Its the same with HP and the damage limit. Why not make it go to 10,000 HP instead of 9999. Its only 1 more HP. The reason is that back then It was harder to create soft-ware to make the digits go higher. They have to make the counter 5 digits instead of four.

Contrarly in FF8....your maximum level is 100 while your max HP is 9999
thought congratulation on your new level.....
 
Last edited:
Re: the rpg journal

Thanks. I'm having trouble catching a female Great chocobo in FF7. Its one down fall, Chocobo catching can take fooooooooorever!
 
Re: the rpg journal

It was never that useful for me......
 
Re: the rpg journal

I love chocobo breeding/ racing. Does anyone know some funny rumors about how to get some oddly colored chocobos. Those are always funny.
 
Re: the rpg journal

Tiny Bronco said:
The point is that Square didn't feel like adding an extra place to stick the 100 digit in. I don't know why. Its the same with HP and the damage limit. Why not make it go to 10,000 HP instead of 9999. Its only 1 more HP. The reason is that back then It was harder to create soft-ware to make the digits go higher. They have to make the counter 5 digits instead of four.

Yeah but then they'd make max damage/HP 99,999(like in FFX) Then why not one more? Pretty soon they would raise it to, 99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,99,999,99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

What a big number :eek: :eek: And in FFX you have to have abilitys to use the 99,999 HP/Damage breaks.
 
Re: the rpg journal

okay...well...this thread is about what you've accomplished in rpgs lately, like how far you've gotten, what youve beaten etc, so lets just stay on topic okay? thanks! :)

as for me, ive beaten Star Ocean Till the End of Time on Earth mode, and, now that i know what to do , i'm playing it in galaxy mode. (thanks to event skip, i've gotten to the second disc in two days.) i've gotten enough battle trophies to have 2-player costumes (arbel's is pretty cool, so is fate's, nel's, and maria's.)

i've actually gotten alot of them on accident, like "defeat so-and so in one minute" and "defeat so-and-so w/out taking damage" at the same time! though i only beat crosell in one minute though.

unfortunately, none of you may not know what the heck i'm talking about , so i'll stop rambling now :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top