The (new and improved!) RPG Journal!

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
post here what youve done today(if any) rpg related. (i mean, we are on final fantasy network :p ) me...well you probably knew, but im on a week break from school, the opportune time to master every class on ff5 and start a new game on ff6 :D just got to the part where you fight kefka the first time...(in narshe) oh yeah, and im gonna try and beat those evil things, omega and shinryuu. so...thats my entry :)
 
Re: the rpg journal

I found Daguerro in FFIX and am training with the Grand Dragons. Real Killers. About to go to Terra!
 
Re: the rpg journal

congrats. I just got to level 11 yesterday for the ffnet rpg hack. That, and got a broadsword. Way better than the mage masher I was using. Working on level 12 and 500 gil for a healing spell.
 
Re: the rpg journal

(sorry to go over the rpg story sephiroth^^; )

i found my ff1, and rediscovered my new game.

this is my party(everyones at lv 11 or so by now, thank goodness for the provoka peninsula!)
fighter/ desh
(throw rocks at me now)red mage/ cid
white mage/ eiko
monk/yang

im also abusing the treasure chest traps to get a 1000 (about) gil a battle :D ! nyuk nyuk nyuk...im almost as bad as yuffie...

just a thought, maybe we could make palis a separate forum? just a thought.
 
Last edited:
Re: the rpg journal

Spent the day lvling up in the Northern Crater (FF7)
 
Re: the rpg journal

I like the magic bouncy balls. :p

Zerlina, Right over my head...
 
Re: the rpg journal

Spiff said:
I like the magic bouncy balls. :p

Zerlina, Right over my head...
What? Also, where is this place? I don't think I'm there yet. Also, I am drawing closer to level 12 for the RPG hack.
 
Re: the rpg journal

by the "bouncy balls" he meant the movers. they give 2400 ap, but i believe they have to all be killed in a few turns...at least they are in ff5 they give a ton of ap in every ff game theyve been in. (since 5.) anyhoo, spiff, the magic pots im talking about, you must give an elixir to them. but, two of them (provided you gave two of them an elixir) give 18000 exp and 2000 ap. (if im not mistaken). so...if you use w item to clone, you have an infinite level building area. :D just for anyones reference.

the area with movers and magic pots is the place where you first went to the north crater, when the weapons were unleashed. (it has the same music, at any rate, and it looks the same, so...) when you get to the path where you can go up or down, theres a door on the bottom....its kinda hard to see. (does anyone have a picture? ) a few of my friends were amazed to see i got to the 70s in a day ;) i made a save point there just for leveling :D

i believe movers appear randomly in other areas of the northern cave, but probably very rarely. i dont know for sure though...

bleh, thats the info on movers and magic jars :)
 
Last edited:
Re: the rpg journal

Zeromus_X said:
by the "bouncy balls" he meant the movers. they give 2400 ap, but i believe they have to all be killed in a few turns
Not really, you can kill them all with a single 4x Cut in your first turn if you're lucky with target selection and have high enough Attack :)

And yeah, it's a great place to level up and master materias. I had all my characters at level 99 and had mastered in total over 200 materias (desirable materias like Counter, Magic Counter, Mime and more 5+ times). I can't even fit all my mastered materias on the materia screen, I need to have some equipped at all times! I used Exp Plus on everyone (all mastered after a while so they gave 2x experience to everyone) and equipped Double/Triple growth weapons to speed it up materia mastering, but I still did all that in less than 15 hours. And no, it wasn't actually boring.. having materias and characters level up after nearly every battle is quite satisfactory :p
 
Re: the rpg journal

since ive been mastering classes in ff5, ive been praying to amano for those "magic bouncy balls" to appear.(100,000 gil + 199 ap...) in ff5, if you dont kill them in like, 3 rounds, the battle ends automatically...i guess it doesnt do that in 7 :confused: . i pray for the magic pots in 7 :D :p

and yes...leveling up is a good feeling . like when i leveled shadow to 99 in ff6! i love the dinosaur forest!! with a ribbon and that illumina blade, plus interceptor "intercepting" pretty much every other move, it wasnt long before he got there. (it was just him alone with an exp. egg) i dont know, but does interceptor appear more the more levels shadow is? or is it completely random? just curious...

oh yeah, duh, offering was on him too...gotta have offering! :)
 
Last edited:
Re: the rpg journal

Level 12 for the rpg hack. Also, almost level 50 in FFIX by fighting Gimme Cats (weak, with about 4000 gil per battle) and Grand Dragons (tons of gil, tons of exp, tons of damage to me). I think I'm level 45 right now. I usually level up after every battle with the Grand Dragons.
 
Re: the rpg journal

if you have quina's level5 doom, you can kill the dragons instantly! :)

however, i dont remember what monster has that skill...does anyone else know? :p
 
Re: the rpg journal

I beat Fabel: THe Lost Chapters today, it was fun, but nearly hard enough. Otherwise been beating the hell out of Makai Kingdom. And am hoping to get some new games once my paycheck comes, any sugestions?
 
Re: the rpg journal

I got Zidane 6 levels up in 2 hours: from 42 to 48. That, and the cash flow is really high lately, lots of ups and downs. Also, I'm in Terra!
 
Re: the rpg journal

Totorosama said:
I got Zidane 6 levels up in 2 hours: from 42 to 48. That, and the cash flow is really high lately, lots of ups and downs. Also, I'm in Terra!
yay!! just dont forget to buy the one of a kind weapons, etc in bran bal!
also, equip the level up and ability up abilities. those really help you level up faster. and, if you have it, the yellow scarf teaches the millionaire ability, which doubles your earned gil. (but i think only quina can use equip millionaire)

the monsters in pandaemonium give alot of exp/ap.(at least, i remember them giving alot.)

but...2 hours? :eek: it shouldnt take that long! then again, i dont time myself...but, the grand dragons, and yans(if your brave enough) give ALOT of exp. the way i kill the yans is equipping zidane with the masamune, then using soul blade, which will cast condemned on them. then, just wait for the timer to run out, and youve got one dead yan! :D just hope they dont sneeze ya though...

but yes, i never spent too much time in terra, i wanted to rush through the story as quickly as possible. so...dont miss out like i did :p
 
Re: the rpg journal

Shining Fofrce Neo is awesome, working my way towards the end just cant beat the Devil king, and Arc Daragon yet, i cant even get Arc dragons hp to go down.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top