The old days...

kb-sama

Summoner
Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
2,769
Age
37
Location
Lost In The Item World
Occupation
Overlord
RPG Name
Kb the goddess savior
You all know i'm still kinda new here,so lets think back to the good old days of ff.net,i'd like to know what it was like in the "hay-days"
 
Well, I've only been here for a year, but things HAVE changed quite a bit since I first joined. There used to be a lot more people here--at least, a lot more who were active. Then one by one, they just sort of disappeared..it's really sad, actually.

But, maybe someday it'll be like that again, or hopefully much much better. =3
 
Well there were like 70 people at one time.
 
I miss the days when there actually were substantial discussions. Back when this site was just beginning, there weren't many members, but there were alot of meaningful conversations that weren't just chat or picture threads. But it is true that many of us oldbies have gotten busier since then, and don't have much to talk about Final Fantasy, or something...

Still, I'm happy that all those old threads are still around. It's great to read all those old threads and get nostalgia out of them...it's hard to believe I've been here for four years.
 
Yeah..
Man the old days were..brilliant.
When everything was so simple, and everyone here was posting and screaming about opinions about their favorite character was...
When we argued about Mario and Sonic?
That was great.
:]

I read the old ffnet bar everynow and then, still.
I literally laugh out loud at how goofy we used to be, lol.
 
Yeah it used to be amazing but it has lost alot of substance. But i dont regret the time ive spent here.
 
I haven't been here very long, and really enjoy reading everyone's responses to evrything, especially some of the serious discussions (george bush, god, death, afterlife) and it's werid that the rpg game doesn't get more use. Oh well. Not to mention a lot of youths aren't exposed to the earlier final fantasies that I enjoyed as a youth, so they aren't as hooked.
 
I've been here for nearly a year and a half now, wow time has flown, my first ever post was to help a member with that superboss Ozma on ff9.

When I first joined I noticed it was a fairly active forum compared to another site i was on which had the same name so I decided to stay. But its a shame that its getting less and less active now :(
 
I've been here for nearly a year and a half now, wow time has flown, my first ever post was to help a member with that superboss Ozma on ff9.

When I first joined I noticed it was a fairly active forum compared to another site i was on which had the same name so I decided to stay. But its a shame that its getting less and less active now :(

Pretty well totally inactive. I honestly dont remember my first post. Probably on the serious discussion board though.
 
That sounds like out kb
 
I miss the days when there actually were substantial discussions. Back when this site was just beginning, there weren't many members, but there were alot of meaningful conversations that weren't just chat or picture threads. But it is true that many of us oldbies have gotten busier since then, and don't have much to talk about Final Fantasy, or something...

Still, I'm happy that all those old threads are still around. It's great to read all those old threads and get nostalgia out of them...it's hard to believe I've been here for four years.


Indeed, it's not true xD
You joined the network in july 2005, as I also did.

darkshadow2247 said:
I totally remember the quote in my profile. I have never seen someone referenced as a porn star.
Poor Kiera xD

Kat said:
When we argued about Mario and Sonic?
That was great.
I opened that thread xD
By the way, gotta remember you all that Sonic is way cooler than Mario. Mario couldn't fit in my sig in a such cool way as Sonic does ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, we may see here the general contrast of interests: as Zeromus misses the days when discussion was predominant, Kat misses the days when most of the forum threads were goofy.

As for me:

I remember the old days when Shadowheart was the Super Mod xD When we discussed mainly about FF. The users by then were usually Shadowheart, Heavenscloud, Zeromus, Zerlina, Mong00se, Sephiroth, Spiff, Xartex, M.C. the Max, FFNut... and obviously, Shaggy and Arkacia (among others).
As the time passed, reasoniamalive signed in (in winter 2005) and so did Avathar. With Avathar, some threads became a little more goofy and funny. Things remained more or less equal (Empresscrystal signed in just before spring), and then in summer 2006 many spammers signed in xD [Hydra, Kat, John Smith, Spec and Griever]. I found those new threads so silly and irritating... that in time, I couldn't do anything but joining the spam party xD (only for a while ;-D )
Later on, Tifa-Chan and Gackt signed in too. Then from June '07 on, the Forum slowly kept decreasing its activity. Till today.

So, that's basically the history of FFNet in my point of view.
I could also tell you about the Mario vs. Sonic thread, how I showed J.Smith to play Google Image, why did I become a mod, spam conversation (Which fruit are j00?), leet convos, how much I dislike ToD, or how much I got tired of Gackt (the singer xD)... That's why I've kept trying to make this place work, along some other people. Because all of this.


Basically, that's FFNet history for me.
 
Last edited:
I joined August 06, I think... Yeah thats it... It was so full of life... But its okay, I didn't talk to most of the people on, and the ones I did are still here... Maybe... We need Kat back... Again... We also need Gackt, Kiera... Who else... Hmmm... I dunno... But we do need more members...
 
I remember the old days when Shadowheart was the Super Mod xD When we discussed mainly about FF. The users by then were usually Shadowheart, Heavenscloud, Zeromus, Zerlina, Mong00se, Sephiroth, Spiff, Xartex, M.C. the Max, FFNut...

Man, FFNut going to the Dark side, he was the very first one who considered the forum dead. I found it hilarious though how he turned all cryptic by the name of Dark FFNut.

With Avathar, some threads became a little more goofy and funny.

You make it sound like it all went downhill when I joined up, then again, I WAS indeed a silly cunt in the beginning. :p
 
There is only one man who can save this forum.


John Smith!!!!11111


Aw, c'mon, who wouldn't spend 23h a day making fun of him?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top