The sphere grid was the best character advancement system to that date. It allows you to shape your characters into whatever you want. Who said a mage has to hit for 153 melee damage? Enter the sphere grid....
I agree. At the beginning and for players who aren't hard core, it works fine, but if you really push it, you can have all the characters having the same skills and stats, which isn't that fun. But all in all, I think it's a fair system, one that doesn't completely rely on weapons, which is more realistic.Gunslinger said:The problem i had with it was that once evryone was maxed out they were all exactly the same.....unlike 9 where all characters have very unique abilities.
LoKuS said:It's good.
Black Mage said:I loved the Shpere Grid.. It was a good addition to Final Fantasy. To tell the truth I had alot of fun getting shperes and placing them on places on the grid. I liked to see the different colors also HAHAHAHA!!