um...cleaning discs...

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
im not an einstein when it comes to computer stuff, but there are(it seems to me)alot of smart computer people here. so my question is...whats a good way to clean scratched discs? (alot of my ff7-9 discs are scratched, and sometimes dont play properly) is there a way to clean them n stuff without damaging them? thanks to anyone who can help me :)
 
You can't do anything about the scratch, as far as I know. You can clean off dirt and dust though. Just hold the disc under pouring water from the water tap (yes, it can take that), and then dry it with a *soft* rag (I think that's the word..) carefully.
 
Just to add to Shadowheart's advice, I am sure that I read somewhere that when you wipe a disc (with a very soft cloth) that you should do it in a straight wipe from the centre out, and not in a circular fashion.
 
86_2.JPG


www.staples.com

I've used this for the same games, and it really works.
 
I find the best way to get rid of dat dang dust n' muck is to use the little bit of cloth that comes with glasses, its designed to go across delicate serfices so its just dandy for the job :)
Try not to wipe in a circular motion but lightly drag the cloth out from the middle and too the edge of the disc.
 
my way is baby wipes and then the back ov a simple curtain use a circular motion always my games have lasted years to this technique
 
On older Discs. you drag out from the Center. On newer ones it doesn't really matter I think. What makes me mad is that Cd produccers could spend an extra 1/8 of a cent to put a plastic coating on the CD so they wouldn't get scratched nearly as easily, but they don't. :eek: :eek: :eek: But NOOOOO they want to make money. Jerks. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What does that staples.com thing do??????
 
Last edited:
i look att some discs find some ff discs like ff7 for 2£
 
and how do you know that darkmajinvegeta?
 
Well this is a bit late for Zero, but for anyone else who wants to know...
I found a neat thing in a Popular Science magazine. Tooth Paste is the key!!!!! :D

Tooth Paste is really a bunch of chemicals that "vibirate" around and then Chemicals to kill germs. Anywho. The chemicals that vibirate are noramlly there to get off plaque. But these same chemicals also work to loosen/buff out all the greece, dirt, other junk, ect. out of the litlle tiny grooves in a CD. I tried this on my first copy of FF7 and it actually does work cause now I can start a game without it freezing right away! So tooth paste along with water + using soft cloth to drag out from the middle can fix a CD perfectly except for the scratches. :)
 
Just warning everyone ahead of time who's using Tiny's advice...

...please wpe off the toothpaste before you pop it back into your PS2. My friend wasted a perfectly good PS2 because he tried to clean his FF8 disc with toothpaste and put it back in with the toothpaste still on. Gummed up the laser and the PS2 stopped reading anything.
 
LOL!!!!!
Hahahahaha! :p :p :p

Yes. Pleeeeeease clean off the tooth paste with water before using it in a console.
I took that as commen sense. ;)

Tell your friend he's funny. Maybe a bit thick, but still very funny.

Once I got some sort of gunk on the laser reader(they're generally blue/crystal)
I used a Q-Tip and got it squeaky clean and working again.
 
Last edited:
I'll be sure to keep that in mind, TB. Toothpaste...huh.

If Disc One of SO3 doesn't take five minutes to access the camp menu, than that'd be awesome.

Or FFVII not stopping every two seconds during the first FMV. xD That's actualy better on the PS2 though.
 
heard something about putting alchohol on it but i don't believe it
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top