What are you searching for...?

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
K, I had a question for everyone; but it is mainly directed towards the women in the forum.

What do you do when you are disappointed?


I'm asking out of curiosity for the most part. I am doing a study about getting your heart back. One of the points that was brought up is when people don't get what they need, they seek it out from other places, people or activities. My curiosity was aroused... Personally, I tend to disassociate myself from real life and retreat to the internet, video games, or chess. I guess that is a vague description. Simple really.

So, how about it? What do youfind yourself doing in these times?
 
Well I got my first couple of answers today...not from the forum of course! :(

One of my friend's relatives said he usually finds his answer at the bottom of a bottle.

His aunt said that she usually yells a lot and doesn't get out of her bathrobe.

Anyone care to be O & H?
 
reasoniamalive said:
but it is mainly directed towards the women in the forum.

I didn’t reply because I wasn’t a Gal'... but since nobody else is, I guess I’ll go ahead (if that’s ok). ;)

When I’m disappointed I usually go up to my room and sleep, or play games. Usually sleep though, as if a game makes me angry (which is very, very, often), it will tend to worsen the situation. If it’s something huge, i tend to go for a walk, go outside, and just think about it. Most people try to get their minds off what they are disappointed about, but I think it helps to evaluate the situation and think about the problems, and a solution to them.

PS: What’s O&H?
:o
 
Last edited:
If it's OK...I put a heavy metal cd in my cd player and turn it up all the way, and try to drown out the sadness.:(
 
once i'm angry almost anything can get me madder.but i just lay in bed,think,watch tv.not video games.(this is what causes me to be mad)
 
reasoniamalive said:
What type of math have you learned already John?

I'm in 10th grade so... everything up to the 10th grade I guess :D

Equations, Inequations, Equation systems, functions, statistics... it's alot, but I like it very much :) It's fun :p
 
when im upset i normally don't eat,and don't talk to anyone,and sometimes takes weeks to get over what makes me sad.
one more thing,i listen to sad music.
so basically i just do things that make me even more upset.
 
John Smith said:
I'm in 10th grade so... everything up to the 10th grade I guess :D

Equations, Inequations, Equation systems, functions, statistics... it's alot, but I like it very much :) It's fun :p

I'm studying Inequations atm...
 
Thank you everyone...great info here. I can relate to you Kat. It seems when I'm disappointed with life I back-off <basically.> It's interesting that one would do things to further slump themselves into the disappointment...sometimes making it a depression - rather than doing things which make them happy. I'm not talking about self affirmation either - affirmation w/o action is delusion.
 
May I ask what's your study for?

I guess I listen to music. It helps me a lot.
 
A place where I belong, and knowledge of my past, and my future. I need them. I want them. That is all.
 
I am searching for my way to God. That's all, nothing in this world compares to that. And please do not start making a debate on this.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top