What does Griever signify?

My hero Squall

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
102
Age
38
Location
Cairns, Australia
Website
www.myspace.com
Occupation
Trainee Information Technician
All of you will remember when Squall saves Rinoa before they head into Galbadia Gardern? And they talk about his ring about Griever, what does Squall say it signifies? I know one of them is Courage...
 
Hello and welcome to the Forums, I'm Slider, one of the Die-hardest lovers of FF8,
Anyways Squall said that it's a lion because lions are known for their "Strength and Pride"
that's what he wishes for!
 
Last edited:
Thank you so much! I'm getting Griever as a tattoo on my arm and I wanted to know what it meant! You're a champion. I know I will have a good time on this forum as I am totally inlove with ff! Only just finished the perfect game of FF8! So proud!
 
Aww! Don't make me blush :o
thank you and congratulations (in advance) on your tatoo! :)
 
Thanks! It won't hurt a bit! And I've edited it a bit so it's unique, you knw, it's not the average Griever, it has sharper teeth and more, I'll post a pic as soon as I know how to and when I have it done lol! Have a good one!
 
Yes, so it does. I was curious, in the FF8 game, the only time you see Griever is at the end of the 4th disc? When Ulticimea junctions herself to it?
 
Yes.

You can see Slider's avatar in disc 2 during the Galbadia Garden <---> Balamb Garden invations, when you can change it's name. If you change it's name, in the 4th Disc, the GF isn't called "Griever", but the name you gave it during the invations :)
 
Yes, I remember that too, when Squall and Rinoa are talking with eachother. But I think you'd all agree that changing the names would defeat the purpose of the whole game! When I finally got the end of the game and had to fight Griever, it was pretty easy hence I had Squall on level 94, each character had their special weapon. I think the game I finished last week off ff8 is possibly the best I've ever seen. Oh and did you know that when your character dies during the Ulticimea battle they time warp and then another character takes their place! How cool! Squall is my favourite of all Final Fantasy characters!
 
Yeah :D

That also happens in the last battle of FF7, so, I guess that it isn'tt the 1st time it happens :D

Squall's my favourite FF Character too :D
 
Griever is a lion...
Lions are known for their strength and pride...
 
Also, they would give their life to protect those that they care for.
 
Heres another thought. When ultimecia said (quote) "so your the legendary seed thats destined to fight me" it could mean that she has been waiting for squall through all time, researching him and studying him. And realising that to squall that griever is the strongest gf in his mind, she decided to use griever in her wicked plan to destroy seed as she thought she would stand a better chance of defeating squall and co. Just a thought of mine though.
 
Not too wrong...she was defeated once while possesing Matron...
 
dappa said:
Heres another thought. When ultimecia said (quote) "so your the legendary seed thats destined to fight me" it could mean that she has been waiting for squall through all time, researching him and studying him. And realising that to squall that griever is the strongest gf in his mind, she decided to use griever in her wicked plan to destroy seed as she thought she would stand a better chance of defeating squall and co. Just a thought of mine though.

Nice thinking ;)

The only problem with that is that she might have underestimated Squall and his friends/comrads :D (This is to justify what Squall said up here :D)
 
Yeah man; it was Squall,s destiny to defeat Ulticimea. Thats why he was always chosen as the leader.
Griever could mean courage aswell, the game only says Strength and Pride but lions can stand for a whole lot more. Squall, after all, had alot of courage.
 
Yeah, and even when she tries to relinquish her powers of her own free will, he goes and rescues her.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top