What is hotter? Heaven or Hell?

No idea, but let me add this instead: Every religious person believes that everyone who doesn't follow their religion will go to hell. Since noone believes in more than one religion (and some none, including me) that means *everyone* will go to hell :D
 
Hell really didn't have flames and fire until Daunte's Inferno, I believe it was thought to be made of ice.

So I would say heaven because it's warm.

Shadowheart, There's really only two religions. Islam, Judism, and Christianity believe in the same god(just different ways to reach IE not blowing people up :rolleyes: ), and Hiduism and buddhism believes in reincarnation.
 
Last edited:
Because I don't believe in religion, because I think it's just guidelines for people who can't make up their own morals (no offense to any church goers), I'm going to say hell, just based on the movie "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey." Hell looked like a pretty smokin place.
 
I can't disagree with that statement because that's what religion is, religion brings order to chaos. IMO, humans wouldn't be where they are today without it, besides bringing morals to humanity religion also brings a sense of purpose.
 
And religion also brings death and wars, when ppl have different beliefs and become fanatics.
 
Eh. That's not JUST religion. I just learned about the Rose War in Social Studies a few days ago. A guy with a crest of a white rose was in a war with a guy whose family crest was a red rose. My teacher quoted it as "The only war where men would die over the color of a rose without knowing what it stood for." (Incidentally, this war was the basis of the majority of the storyline in FFT; The "Lion War" between Larg and Goltana because both of their family crests had different colored lions on them, for instance, and the way that King Richard III was king because he was the regent over the true rulers until they were eighteen, much like Larg had regency over two-year-old Prince Orinas.) Basically, people will die for whatever they're taught. Most people use religion as a basis of their life - when that is threatened, they'll die for it.

Are you all telling me you wouldn't take a bullet to save an FF game? :D
 
People will die for what they believe in because of their ego. They can't stand being told they're wrong.
 
Spiff said:
Shadowheart, There's really only two religions.
Not really...how about the native religions of Africa, America, South America, etc...
Shadowheart said:
And religion also brings death and wars, when ppl have different beliefs and become fanatics.
Agreed. We don't really need religion, I think, just the morals. I believe in the people to destroy themselves and everyone else, or to help others bring peace. With entropy around, I don't think that we're going to have some kind of perfect world someday. After all, there are all these black holes sucking up all matter out there, and one day, all matter is going to be crushed in a gigantic black hole and explode again, creating a new universe all over. I got that from science.
 
Acording to a friend of mine in that was taking physics. Heaven is suposedly like 20x hotted then hell due to the 100x brighterthen earth part of the bible, and that hell is only as hot as the meltingpoint of brimstone.
 
With religon comes greed, power, and many other sins that the bible says are bad. You really don't have to go to church or follow a religon, if you believe you will be saved. Also, I haven't confirmed this yet but I heard that there are passages in the bible that state that religon is the worse thing humans can create because they start to elvate themselves above god.

As to heaven being hotter than hell, maybe that's why when you run into spirits the room you're in becomes cold. :) But I don't like spirits can feel heat anyways.

Not really...how about the native religions of Africa, America, South America, etc...

Ok, you got me. I forgot pagan religons.
 
Actually there are 3 main monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All three of those follow the same God but disagree when it comes to messiahs, prophets ect. They are different religions however. Just try going into a Christian church and sending a prayer to Mohammed :D.

Another major religion in terms of people following it is Hinduism. Its the 3rd largest religion in the world. Then there is Buddisim and Shintoisim. These are major world religions and don't fall under the classification Pagan. Again, while similar, these three are different religions with different goals.

As for the thread topic, I'm an atheist so don't believe heaven or hell exist. I guess that means I don't believe heaven or hell is hot or cold. They are imaginary places so will be whatever the believer thinks they are.
 
Sephiroth said:
Acording to a friend of mine in that was taking physics. Heaven is suposedly like 20x hotted then hell due to the 100x brighterthen earth part of the bible, and that hell is only as hot as the meltingpoint of brimstone.
How is that supposed to be scientifically proven?
 
well the theory of heaven and hell one is above and the other below i think the one closest to the sun (heaven)is hotter even thoughwe will burn for an eternity down there,but me bieng me i believe heaven is an eternity supply of electricity so we can all play ff all the time and never eat or sleep.lol
 
hell i think if its are in the under world...
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top