What is it that makes you buy a certain game?

What makes you buy a certain game?

  • The style

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • The price

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than one answer

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Don't really know

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other stuff

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The game type

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The things you can do with this game

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    10
Zeromus_X said:
Atmosphere and replay value.

Hm.. I'm gonna give two examples: Final Fantasy VII and Grandia. When I bought them, the reasons were

- I wanted to discover more Final Fantasy.
- The athmosphere looked different than the ones I've played before (FFIX and FFVIII).

- Grandia just appealed to me from the start, with the animé style, and the charming graphics. It looked like it could be even better than Final Fantasy.

Now I love these two games, but the replay value I consider very low. =/ =P And it's quite hard to know how the replayability is of a game by just looking at the package. :O
 
Avathar said:
Hm.. I'm gonna give two examples: Final Fantasy VII and Grandia. When I bought them, the reasons were

- I wanted to discover more Final Fantasy.
- The athmosphere looked different than the ones I've played before (FFIX and FFVIII).

- Grandia just appealed to me from the start, with the animé style, and the charming graphics. It looked like it could be even better than Final Fantasy.
Yeah thats what get me into buying some games. If like I liked a certain game like Grandia II, then I will be trying to discover more. Pretty soon when I get enought money and get a few games I can't lived without. I will be trying to find Grandia I and III. I just loved the one I played and I was kinda too much in love with it. I play it all the time and can't stop thinking about it. :D
 
Avathar said:
Did you ever regret buying a videogame?



Well,..I try not to buy suck games. XD

I can't remember, but I'm sure I have - but that's why I can't remember them :confused:

The most important feature/aspect I look for in a new game is playability (and replay value) - something which is difficult to discern from looking at a box. So I typically see my future game(s) in a mag, or a comercial on the tele. If a game LOOKS good, then I do a little research. Maybe ask a few of the guys at Gamestop what they think of a game (AND what games they found most enjoyable) this helps to keep poor purchases to a minimum.
 
When I was younger I tended to buy any old game if I could afford it, but that meant sometimes I ended up with sucky games which I could clear in a few hours.

A lot of the points people have brought up in this thread are what would make me buy a certain game but now days I dont buy games these days unless it is an established game series like final fantasy. If I am not playing my ff games I tend to try and get my hands on old games which bring a smile to my face with memories of nostalgia.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top