What is the saddest moment in Final Fantasy?

That a lot of Final Fantasies have a sad/melancholy ending.

*raises hand*

xD
 
I'd say half and half.

So a neutral ending. Now we're all happy.

So... Now we're agreeing on the fact that sad endings are pretty much a trademark to the FF series? By this, I mean the main series. I-XII, excluding X-2, VII:CC (Ohh, it did have a sad ending, nevermind). Am I forgetting something, anyone?
 
I shed some tears at the following times;

FFVII: Aerith's death
FFVIICC : Zack's death
FFX: Yuna sending off the Aeons at the end xD

I think for me Aerith's death was the saddest though.
 
There are so many!

where to start!

The first one for me was experiencing the enormous perverseness of the Japanese creators of FF7..When cloud checked out Tifas' underwear in her closet.

* Tifa peeing after running up all the stairs at Shinra tower
* Aeris and animal mating experiment (Nanaki)
* Condom buying at hotel in sector 6 slums
* Whore house at sector 6
 
I don't know if it really classifies as a sad moment, but near the end of FFIX when Zidane realizes his purpose, and he walks away alone dismissing his friends to the tones of "You Are Not Alone", that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song :)

Other than that, the scene in FFX when Tidus fades away is definitely the saddest moment in any FF game in my opinion.
 
i can remember 1 or 2 moments that were sadder :rolleyes: (though those qualify pretty well), but i don wanna bring'em up for that same reajon (QUOTE: "that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song") ._.
 
The death of Aeris in FF7. I really liked the character and used her constantly my first time through the game. Was genuinely shocked when she was killed off, and stayed dead.
 
I don't know if it really classifies as a sad moment, but near the end of FFIX when Zidane realizes his purpose, and he walks away alone dismissing his friends to the tones of "You Are Not Alone", that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song :)

same here, i even reset my ps1 after just to replay that bit, then promptly downloaded the song :)

The death of Aeris in FF7. I really liked the character and used her constantly my first time through the game. Was genuinely shocked when she was killed off, and stayed dead.

its moments like these you need a phoenix down. hey why didnt they just use one of them on her?
 
yea, i was pretty depressed in life, and i played ff7, and it WAS my life, and i always used her, and i actually shed some tears when she was killed, and the way cloud reacted to it, saying he didnt care about sephiroth and his whole plan and that he just cared for her. it was so touching
 
I'm agreeing with the Cyan one.
 
I agree poor Cyan's wife and kid let alone the whole kingdom died...




"Death is nothing unless you see the place your going..."
 
When Aeris died and Cloed put her in the water.

In my first FF7 save file, I had Aeris as one of the main characters I used in battle and then after she died I was like "I trained her for nothing" lol. Anyway I had to start a new game soon after that because I got lost in the snow and while I was trying to get out, I would die because I had one character in my team that wasn't strong enough to beat the enemies there lol...
 
I have a new first place sad moment (for me); the ending of Crisis Core. Man. I don't think a game will ever make me that sad again *shudders*.
 
aerith dying was a big moment for, so was zack's death.

another sad moment was wen zidane, vivi, garnet and steiner were being chased by the black waltz 3 and he destroyed sum of the ship and all of vivi's 'friends' fell over board....so sad
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top