Who still plays FFVII??

I agree with The Dark Palidin on that one, a swordsman, and two gunners!
 
I play FF7 all the time. I've use all the characters and like them equally.
 
I've started picking it up again, so I can get eight counter and mime materia :p (I really want to just pound emerald weapon into the ocean floor; I have only four counter/mimes so far, and I already do so. But with eight, I just need to use two hero drinks, Omnislash, and it's "Revenge Stamp" spells It's own demise. :D)

With Cid's Scimitar (I sold the Apocalypse Sword...-I-;;; ), and the mountain of dead Magic Pots behind me adding up quick, I can easily get more counters and mimes. I've just been side-tracked by all the other rpgs I've gotten (how did I live without a ps2 before?! so many rpgs...), and I'm lazy.

But I did start a new game, naming everyone the correct names, and using a new party. (instead of Cloud-Yuffie-Kitten Sith)

Like,

Nanaki instead of Red XIII. The dialogue at Cosmo Canyon will be interesting.

And Aerith instead of Aeris. Merely so it's the proper name.

And FFVII has an amazing story. Well, they all do, but y'know :P

I've also started messing with the window color. I made a psychedelic window color! :D I never changed it from it's classic blue color before, but now i see it's easy to sort through my countless files on my memory card.

Wow...what a long post. And I'm using proper grammar too. Kinda scary ...
 
Last edited:
That's kinda funny...I change the window color on every game that allows me to do so...I'm a big purple fan :D N E ways, I think with over 100 posts since this thread's beginning, I'd say that a lot of people still play part VII - and for a good reason! This game's got it all!
 
I don't know about purple, but all black makes everything stand out better.
 
When the Limit gauge is flashing and your background is black it looks sweet. I tend to go with a special light purple to dark purple to black. Very cool.
 
I made mine-

Lower left classic blue, don't change; Lower Right highest Blue, Upper Left highest green, and Upper Right highest Red.

I made it that way so I'd know which file is "Post WEAPONS" or "Pre-Weapons", because once I spent a day killing magic pots and getting eight counters, mimes, only to discover that that file was after I killed Emmy/Ruby. Very disappointing... :p
 
Ooooooooooooo. That sucks Zero. :( :( :( What do magic pots look like???? I've don't fight them for training unless I need to master a materia which is rare by the time I'm in the final dugeon.
 
They appear in the "swamp area" of the Northern Crater. (Movers, they give 2400 ap, provided you finish them in time, also appear there.) They will ask for you to give them an elixir, and the only way to damage them is to use it on them. (If you attack them when they haven't gotten one, they steal an item from you, and you can't get it back unless you kill them.) Using a Megalixir will not work.

And of course, the only way to get mass Elixir's is the wonderfully convenient W-Item Materia :D Some may consider it cheating, but hey, whatever works :p (At least it's inside the game, not an Action-Replay code or something.)

You may also frequently run into Veterans (Ahrimans), Christopher and Ghighee, but mostly Magic Pots (and Movers, rarely.) Having the "Enemy Lure" Materia on, should help. (Won in the Battle Arena. Only like a few hundred BP, you should get one in one match.) You should master a few (or like me, eight :D) just doing this.

Now, what I do, is equip Cid's Scimitar (hopefully, you didn't sell the Apocalypse Sword, like I did...), which has triple AP growth. However, it only has two materia slots, which you should fill with Mime and Counter (or some other high-level materia). With that, you can slaughter magic pots for easily 3,000 ap a fight, 6,000 if you encounter two. Better yet, If you have Apocalypse for Cloud, more materia can be levelled. Just make sure to replenish your item supply.

Whew, hopefully that explains everything. Maybe I should make a questions thread..Any more questions, ask! :)
 
This is getting to the point where I'm just going to delete your spam on sight darkmajinvegeta. Do not double post, especially if it's spam, or if it's just what you said in the first post.

Forum Rules

At any rate, I did start a new game. Just got to the Mythril Mine. Gotta love that pre-stupid-meteor-always-ruining-everything-why- world map theme :D :p
 
Last edited:
The Mythril Mines are very cool. I always get my characters to get all the Level 3 Limits when I'm in there. The monsters do a lot of damage and you fight them in 5s in one room near the end. Great way to Level up too. Happy Gaming Zero.
 
Yes, I read about that in a "Limit Break Mechanics Guide", which really helped me understand how learning limits worked. Yes, Flamethrower is good for killing 3-5 enemies every battle to build up towards the next X-1 limit.

Heh. Me and my friends took turns trying to kill the Midgar Zolom. xD Naturally, my party in the teens couldn't hope to kill it. :D

I plan on making a killer team (I hope I didn't already say this. Oh well.) Of Cloud, Cid, and Barret, since they have the most devastating Limits. (Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax.) Too bad I don't get Cid until later. He's so cool, especially when you win, he takes a drag :p He really is the "vulgar old man" character of this game. (Not to mention anything anyone ever says is overshadowed by anything said by Cid.)
 
I do! FFVII is still my favorite game. In fact, all I play are the old classics: FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, & Earthbound. I love those games.
 
Classics are hard to beat no matter what. Its been a while since I played any Mario games.
 
I still play FFVII every now and then, I'm actually playing FFIV at the moment, but I was just about to start a new file of VII :P
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top