Xenosaga Episode III

Hydra

3, 2, 1, Let's Jam
Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
8,560
Location
Maryland
Website
gamefaqs.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
HeavensCloudX
I must say, Xenosaga 3:Also Sprach Zarathustra, is the best Xenosaga game out there, besides number one. :D I love 3 as much as 1. And I played over one dozens of times. o__o The game's as if it's 60% story and 40% dungeon. You'll spend a LOT of time killing things, and enjoying the story, is what that means. :)

The thing I loved the most is the Final Boss fight/music. It takes some real skill and not overleveling to do. I breezed through most of the game by overleveling, and Zarathustra well...owned me. :D I DIDN'T use Erde Kaiser. That wouldn't have been fair. XD Promised Pain sounds so awesome too. :p

The game's not mine. It's a friends, and I "stayed over" with him. For it. And to hang out. :D Of course, it's not out in America yet. He's an import freak, heh. I plan to get the English copy, and you should too. The second one may have been a disappointment, but this one isn't. o_0
 
The first and third are. The second? Not so much.. =\ They tried to make it better than the first. And it failed. :D The third is way better than the first though.
 
then...it looks like im gonna have to spend my money on other stuff now *sigh* was planning on saving up to go to Gen Con :-/
 
If Rubedo's in it, you know Albedo is too. OR IS HE?! :D

Albedo in 2 was a hard boss to fight. His first fight even. xD

Tested Erde Kaiser on Zarathustra....and..well...he went down.. o_o

If you don't know what Zarathustra is, it's a giant killing machine(literally) of awesomeness. You have to fight by hand(no mechs). That presents a challenge. :D

Edit:So you don't get confused by the first statement, and if you didn't play II, well.....(Spoilers Below)










































Albedo died in the second game. =\ OR DID HE?!!?!? :D I'll let you figure that out.
 
Last edited:
Is this series really that good? I tried renting it but it seems like it was movie after movie and didn't have much gameplay though i didn't get very far in... is it a good story line and is it worth buying?
 
Last edited:
One and Three are. It may pick up slowly at the beginning, but believe me, it's worth going through.

Oh, and Zeromus:

SPOILERS......
























He is alive in the third one.



MAJOR SPOILERS!




























But he dies. Again. He dies to save Rubedo. =D
 
C_Dub said:
Is this series really that good? I tried renting it but it seems like it was movie after movie and didn't have much gameplay though i didn't get very far in... is it a good story line and is it worth buying?

if u like storyline, xenosaga has the most in-depth storyline out of any rpg i've played. i've played ff2, 3, 7, 8, 10, and 10-2, and none of these can compare to xenosaga in terms of the story.
 
I wouldn't say THAT much...but you will spend HOURS just watching cutscenes alone...and you'll like it every single time. =D I rented the US version. Not done with it yet, so I'm not sure if any censorship is involved (gore) or not.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top