Dragon Quest VIII

Xartex

Paladin
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
774
Age
39
Location
Sweden
Occupation
studying
RPG Name
XarteX
So how many of u have ever played this game, i think it is a great game, haven't finished it yet, but so far it has been really challenging, wich imo not many rpgs are, unfortunately :eek:

I almost got game over in the second battle, man was I shocked, used to everything being so easy in the beginning of the games and stuff. Beed really close to wiping a lot of times after that and has gotten slain 2 times, hard game and if u like a challange, try it
 
Lol, I love it. I got it as a Christmas present last year. =O I beat....well..I call it "TDT", with Dragon Soul very easily. XD
 
It's a great game. Haven't finished it yet either, due to being lazy and lots of other things on my mind. I really like the higher challenge compared to most FF games, and the worlds are really huge (on the brink of being too large). Awesome game IMO!
 
Level 60(maybe 80?) is enough to kill anything in the game with Dragon Soul and the Heros Liquid Metal Swords.
 
I thouroughly enjoyed DQVIII. I'm happy that Europe finally gets a DQ game too.

Yes, the expansiveness and exploration in this game was a great plus. There's a great sense of accomplishment and exploration in all the DQ games.
 
I got the game, didn't finish it yet (just got the fourth person in your party). I enjoyed it so far though and I'll probibly try finishing it at some point but I have so many other games I didn;t bother finishing yet I can't say for sure.
It wasn't really hard for me, I got game over once but that was my fault for not resting my characters before a boss ^_^;
The voices could do with being left in Japanese but you can't have everything I guess.
 
Lol, following my formatted memory card, I have to play through it..again.. and get everything again..so, I'll see you guys in 136 hours. :D
 
heavens cloud said:
I got the game, didn't finish it yet (just got the fourth person in your party). I enjoyed it so far though and I'll probibly try finishing it at some point but I have so many other games I didn;t bother finishing yet I can't say for sure.
It wasn't really hard for me, I got game over once but that was my fault for not resting my characters before a boss ^_^;
The voices could do with being left in Japanese but you can't have everything I guess.

Omg, you're back! :):):)

As a matter of fact, the Japanese version had no voice acting at all. It was like the older games in the series. Of course, the JP version also had Midi music, so I guess the Orchestrated soundtrack is a very fair trade for voice acting. :)
 
I didn't like the game, until I found the "King Metal Slime/Liquid Metal Slime" spawning spot. Then I LOVED it. XD I still never found the purple door where you get massaged by slimes. -_-"
 
Zeromus_X said:
Omg, you're back! :):):)

As a matter of fact, the Japanese version had no voice acting at all. It was like the older games in the series. Of course, the JP version also had Midi music, so I guess the Orchestrated soundtrack is a very fair trade for voice acting. :)


Yup, I decided your all stuck with me again for a while :D

The no voices at all part would be good good (in the West anyway) but midi music...these days..? weird! I guess it is a fair trade.
 
Only a while? :O

I'm glad they don't have voices..voices on a long going RPG like that might get a little annoying..especially considering how long the game is.
 
We'll see, I never ment to go in the first place but I tend to drift away from forums after a while without meaning too :(

Did your copy not have voices? Lucky...:p Even the boss monsters have voices in my copy - the monster voices are the worst, King Trode probibly has the worst of the character voices and Angelo is probibly second worst.
 
Happens all the time. For me anyway. :D

My copy did have voices, aside from Hero. It would've been better without them though. Which is why I want another copy without voices, lol.
 
Ah I see :p Dunno why they have a thing about voice acting at Square/SE these days, their "voice talent" is talentless for the most part.
 
They do it for the players. So they have something to hear while playing. But we don't really need that if it's a nice game like this one. They don't seem to see that, lol.
 
Yeah I guess...and for people who can't read very well I suppose :p Personaly I enjoy imagining their voices in my head whilst reading rather than listening to some loud cheesy, typical hero type voiced, American blathering out the script (sorry if anybody is American here :p).
 
Better than that I guess. :p If the Hero doesn't have a voice, why give everyone else voices? o_0
 
That's a good question...To be honest I can't remember the hero saying anything in text either though so giving him a voice wouldn't be possible without changeing the script.
 
I don't even remember him having any words in text either. o_0 Just expressions. It's a shame, really. Having the MAIN CHARACTER speechless, while the rest talk. That's a little odd.
 
It is odd, it's even more odd how when the other characters ask him something they know his answer even though he doesn't reply (I seem to remember). The same is true for Ryu (the hero) in Breath of Fire 4.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top