Dragon Quest VIII

Yggdrasill said:
Wasn't the real final boss Rhapthorne?
Or are you talking about the Dragovian trials?
The Trails. =P

The metamorphing Dragonman, in my eyes, is a true final boss of the game.

Unless you're level 60-80, and have Dragon Soul, of course. =P
 
Yeah, Hero looks so much cooler in the the Dragovian armour than in his original clothing.
 
That, and the purple door near the waterfall that rubs the slime on you. =D

THAT'S a golden place.
 
I might play it again to try and do a 100% play-through.
This time I'll just train against Metal-slimes, they give about 1000exp each. =D
 
The best place for that is Slime Hill. All you see is King Slimes, and all the Metal Slimes. =D
 
It's for the PS2, and I bought it for +/- 30€ (dollar and euro have almost the same value, but it has been released here in the Europe a year later, and the price hasn't decreased much)
 
Crud. The price isn't bad, but I don't have a PS2.
Are you going to reply or not?
Well???????
 
Last edited:
Yes I have the game as well. I haven't played it in a while. I got frustrated with it and tired of it after trying to beat Rhapthorne 12 times. Hardest final boss that I've played against.
 
Only 12 times, I usually be fighting boss like 78 times or so. I never give up, and I go fighting for months and months until my foe is dead.

I have this game too, I really never played it that much. Ithink it a pretty good game, and suely when I have the time I will try and play it again.
 
white mage said:
I personally haven't played this game, is it really as good as you say?
Yes. Yes it is.

And Lyde Lyde, if that big oversized puff ball is the hardest boss you've ever faced, good luck getting past the Dragons if you attempt it. =D
 
I was thinking that too (having only read about the dragons and how much of a pain in the @$$ they can be to fight - let alone defeat.) Hydra, you can only go to the Dragovian trial after beating the game, is that correct? And am I thinking about the same dragons you are talking about?

I also was curious if anyone ever completed every single alchemy recipe...and if so, what (if anything) do you get for doing so?
 
Wow! I'm so addicted to this game it's not even funny (although I'm sure Hydra will laugh.) XD!

I just got the Grigham's Whip and MOST of the stuff I need for alchemy/survival from teh casino @ Baccarat. Man, 400K coins sure took a while procuring! ;doh

Oh well, it helps that ;l33
 
reasoniamalive said:
Wow! I'm so addicted to this game it's not even funny (although I'm sure Hydra will laugh.) XD!

I just got the Grigham's Whip and MOST of the stuff I need for alchemy/survival from teh casino @ Baccarat. Man, 400K coins sure took a while procuring! ;doh

Oh well, it helps that ;l33
HAH! HAHAHAHA! HAAAA!

Yeah, I know that feeling. I'm afraid to start a new game on it, because I might block out my social life to spend time with the game. XD
 
Totally... its just like a new DW/DQIII or IV. Those games pwned! XD

Now all I need to do is get rid of my gf and I can spend my entire weekend w/my Xavier hero. <3

*Remembers flashback to The Simpsons episode where Homer makes a giant carmel/cotton candy ball*
 
Ok, 'got rid of' the gf. Now I can spend every waking (and non-working) hour with you Xavier <3 <3 <3 XDDD!!!

Actually, the game's getting a bit old. There's got to be a better place than the Dragon Graveyard to Lvl up. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
reasoniamalive said:
Ok, 'got rid of' the gf. Now I can spend every waking (and non-working) hour with you Xavier <3 <3 <3 XDDD!!!

Actually, the game's getting a bit old. There's got to be a better place than the Dragon Graveyard to Lvl up. Anyone have any suggestions?
Progress through the story, 'till you get the ability to "fly".

Then, take a stop by Slime Hill. Take a few hours, and you'll be golden. <3
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top