FFVII, Dirge of Cerberus

My hero Squall

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
102
Age
38
Location
Cairns, Australia
Website
www.myspace.com
Occupation
Trainee Information Technician
Finally the release of the long awaited game, FFVII Dirge of Cerberus where now Vincent Valentine is the main character. I personally have not bought the game yet as it has not been released in Australia... But those of you who have bought it and played it, did you enjoy it? Is it worth buying? And rumour has it that it has a completely different battle technique to the other Final Fanstasy games?
 
I have not played it but I can tell you this, the "battle system" is shoot em' up.
 
I'm curious to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is but not curious enough that I would actually spend money on it.

So I probably won't play it.
 
Story-wise it seems really good. I think it's too easy, but I'm playing in normal mode, so...

It has some RPGish stuff... like using materia.

I really like the way you costumize your own weapon. :)
 
I heard it was major letdown. The gameplay is redundant and most the enemies are the same. But the cutscenes and storyline are good.

So I've heard...
 
The coolest thing is wandering around places you already know... like the Shinra Manor, in Nibelheim.

And yes, it's gameplay is poor.

Am I the only one noticing some similarities between DoC and Metal Gear Solid?
Sneak through the Deepground Soldiers?
Protect xxxxx WRO Soldier?
 
I rented it. Now I'm going to admit it wasn't perfect. But X-Play only giving it two stars irked me big time. They complained about the cutscenes being too long and that the story as a whole sucked. Well, sorry, but if you didn't like them you did have a X button skip option... I wouldn't pay $50 for it, but will get it when price lowers because I still do like it. Also I meelee attack more than shoot. That, I think, probably toughens up the gameplay if that's a concern.

And there's no party. Just Vince(and an unimportant jaunt with Cait Sith that Vince isn't in at all).
 
Finished it.

I loved the graphics and the storyline.

and it seems to have some cool extra missions, after you beat the game...
 
I got this game for christmas and I am really enjoying it.

If you are the kind of person who dont like 3rd person shooting games and are expecting a final fantasy game, this aint the game for you.

If you like final fantasy and shooting games you should enjoy this. The graphics are cool and the story (what I've seen so far) is fairly ok.

I must admit I was expecting a traditional final fantasy game which followed on from final fantasy 7 and was a little disappointed about the battle system, but I went into the game with an open mind and have got right into it.
 
I have Dirge of Cerberus but haven't gotten that far into it yet.
The battle-system is kinda boring though as it's basically just the same thing over and over.
I hate games where you just fight enemies constantly without any exploration.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top