Final Fantasy XII?

Unknown Kaze

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
70
Age
38
Location
England
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Kaze
Isnt it time for a Forum for Final Fantasy XII? its coming out next week and theres a wealth of info on it already.
 
I'm pretty sure they'll make a forum for it once it's out in America.
It's just too bad Europe get it March 2007. :(
 
wow, that does suck for Europe doesnt it? Well i pre-ordered the collectors edition, and i'm so excited for Halloween to come, cant wait for it any longer.
 
I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

Yep, yay! Can't wait for it! I'm glad I don't get so excited over upcoming games until near the time they're going to be released, as I'd go crazy otherwise. :)
 
If Halloween is on Tuesday, the 31st is right around the corner. :) Now I just need to find the time to pick it up. XD
 
Zeromus_X said:
I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

What am I, an egg yolk? :p

Forum created, have fun folks :).
 
Alright then LET'S TALK THE **** OUT OF US ABOUT IT? SPOILERS MIGHT BE INCLUDED (NOT STORYLINE THOUGHT)
I checked it out on wiki, and the first impresion i got from it's cover was a star wars (or trek either way i'm not a fan of that stuff) theme.
Here's a small quote about the soundtracks:
Wikipedia said:
"The disc will contain 31 songs, including Angela Aki's Kiss Me Goodbye. The 31 songs represent the 31 days of October, leading up to the Final Fantasy XII game release"
like FF11 the transition between World map and batle is almost non-existing, soundtrack "usually" doesn't change after transition.
New ADB battle system which is Active Dimension Battle.
There's a wait time for commands which varies from one to another to preform it depending on the Command/ Magic/ Skill etc...
I LOVE THIS PART, realisticly like FF8, MONEY ISN'T DROPPED BY MONSTERS ANYMORE YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! They're going back on the right track again!
However there are several new ways to gain money like preforming tasks, hunting "wanted monsters"
Ethers/Espers will make apperance as summonings (*looks at the smiling Zeromus :) )
Airships aren't left it out in this one as well, MP is in it as well........
from what I understand, it seems you can improve your Limit Breaks, but here's the thing, it's not just by gaining new ones, but by speeding up the same one itself and improving it's capabilities.
There's much more to know about it's Liscence system as well as the Gambit System.
A short storyline spoiler is that the game begins in the same place as FF tactics.

Well that's my short summary about the game ENJOY :D
btw, did anyone get to try out its early released demo?
 
I got to try out the demo, It was very interesting. I think all of it is a nice change to the FF environment. Cant wait for tomorrow!!!!
 
sigh @ Oz not getting it until next year. I mean I could easily just import it (go go mod chips being legal in Australia) but right now I have higher import priorities like Xenosaga Episode III and Tales of the Abyss, which probably won't see a PAL release at all.
 
I don't think there's any solid proof that it's the same Ivalice, at least, none that I've heard of.

I did play the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, though it wasn't very much.

Thanks Arkacia! xD

I should be able to purchase the game on Wendesday.
 
I remember hearing that you see a char or two from final fantasy tactics... can't say if it is true or not, thats just what i remember reading... think it was from gamespot
 
I cant believe I have to wait for it to come out in March next year. We Europeans are so delayed.....
 
They could release it in the UK in November if instead of putting about 10 languages on it just shoved it into PAL format and released it. I mean why would anyone in the UK need the other languages? I would Import it but....Freeloader pretty much sucks.
 
Heh, I was a bit overwhelmed by the expansiveness. There's so many NPCs too! There actually seem to be as many people walking around as there were in the FMV. xD
 
Is FFXII's battle-system good?
I wish it was a actual real-time battle system rather than what it's currently like.
Oh well, guess I'll wait by playing FFIII DS, which i'm importing on the 14th of November. :D
 
Last edited:
Past the Giza plains, into the belly of Rabanastre castle almost out the other end...

Graphics are great.

Battle system leaves something to be desired.

By far, the most difficult beginning of any FF game - the free roaming (think Zelda: Ocarina of Time) makes walking around new territories dangerous most of the time.

I can't stand the camera angles. They don't just take some getting used to - they really stink IMO.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top