Final Fantasy XII?

reasoniamalive said:
Past the Giza plains, into the belly of Rabanastre castle almost out the other end...

Graphics are great.

Battle system leaves something to be desired.

By far, the most difficult beginning of any FF game - the free roaming (think Zelda: Ocarina of Time) makes walking around new territories dangerous most of the time.

I can't stand the camera angles. They don't just take some getting used to - they really stink IMO.

Yeah, I just got into the royal palace. Does anyone besides me have trouble with the battle system? I'm starting to get used it. But one thing that bugs me is how annoying the enemies can get.

They can attack in packs of 5 draining away your health and they even attack while you're taking a potion..>_<...I don't want to die being eaten alive by rats T_T...Another thing is how slow it is to level up. I've been playing off and on for three days and I'm only at level 5.... :(

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game alot :)
 
To make engagements go faster, increase the battle speed to the max, and if you want, set the battle mode to active.

I've been playing for twelve hours and my characters are at level 16, disregarding guest characters, who are usually at a higher or lower level than your characters.

You can start power-leveling at the Lhusu Mines, up until the teens; try to get a big chain going fighting the skeletons there on the second bridge. After I had slain around 150 skeletons, I had 89 Bone Fragments and 40 Dark Stones. I promptly sold them all to gain 19,000 Gil, and my characters had lots of License Points.

Shopping time.

I'm not saying you absolutely have to do this, but it helps. The only reason I leveled up in the first place was because I thought you had to win a boss battle there...when in fact I was just supposed to escape. :(

In addition, if you want the camera to stay on your leaders current target, hold down L2. Though I prefer the battle camera to be on an overhead view, so I can see my characters gang up on an unsuspecting monster and the flying numbers that ensue.
 
I've gotten use to the battle system now. I've been playing for 7 hrs total and I'm at level 8. I fel like a loser because it took me 4 tries to beat the damn Mimic Queen. Those little Tiny mimic bastards just kept nipping at my party...It turned out that I needed to switch a few Gambits around to finally beat her...>_>...Vaan still died in the battle though, while Fran and Balflear saved the day... :D
 
Garnet_Dagger said:
I've gotten use to the battle system now. I've been playing for 7 hrs total and I'm at level 8. I fel like a loser because it took me 4 tries to beat the damn Mimic Queen. Those little Tiny mimic bastards just kept nipping at my party...It turned out that I needed to switch a few Gambits around to finally beat her...>_>...Vaan still died in the battle though, while Fran and Balflear saved the day... :D


I was a tad overleveled for that battle...I nuked her in one quickening...more or less. I played at the Lhusu mines for like 6 hours. It was so much fun beating the crap out of the skeletons. LOL!

Now I'm at the Sandsea - wow, an ocean made out of granulated sand. Looks sweet! If FF's were real I think I would have to live out there. Can't wait to get to the Tomb across the sand.
 
Beware reason, the Sandsea is huge. Keep an eye out for an enemy called 'Salamander Entite', it will surely kill your party if you provoke it (it'll react to you if you cast any magicks). It's guarding a dungeon that you aren't supposed to reach until later in the game.

Also, enjoy the humorous parallels to Star Wars.

Can't wait to get to the Tomb across the sand.

I'm sure that
Demon Wall
will enjoy meeting you as well. :)
 
I just reached the Henne Mines (like 24 hours into the game) and my chars are lvl 25. The levelling picks up when you hit the teens and the game starts to get really fun... a thing i found out is that there are Notorious Monsters like Final fantasy 11.. and i found out that marks are very hard lol
 
Zeromus_X said:
Beware reason, the Sandsea is huge. Keep an eye out for an enemy called 'Salamander Entite', it will surely kill your party if you provoke it (it'll react to you if you cast any magicks). It's guarding a dungeon that you aren't supposed to reach until later in the game.

Also, enjoy the humorous parallels to Star Wars.



I'm sure that
Demon Wall
will enjoy meeting you as well. :)


I noticed the parallels also!!! That's too funny! Oh, and I beat those Salamanders...it comes with leveling up way too much in the Lhusu mines! :p I loved that place. I think I'm at level 24 and just got to the tomb last night.
 
I'm stayin @ Henne mines for a long time :p i wanna get all my chars lvled up and have gear so i pwn
 
Hey! Did you all know that you can level up at the beginning of the game (by only using Vaan) and when other's join you they join at or above your level? Ex: Using only Vaan, you chain all the wolves in the Eastersand, then move to anywhere you get a decent weapon/armor from, then level up till you have two quickenings and fight the Werewolves that tore my Vaan in my current game a new one before I knew any better for big level gains (20-25+.) Then when other characters join the party, you get all that LP and their levels are 20-25 also!!! I think I'll try that on my next playthough...unless I restart for giggles. =)
 
reasoniamalive said:
Did that give you Ark Blast...or something different?
Nah. I've had Inferno, Cataclysm, and Windburst. Skipped right over torrent. I have 3 people with level 2 Quickenings and 1 Person with level 1 quickening.
 
Max the Man said:
I'm level 15-16 right now and the second Demon Wall's a pain in the ass. I need it to stop being annoying. And get something that protects me from sleep.

Berserk will help greatly. My strategy was to blast him with a Quickening chain, and cast Berserk on my two melee fighters (Basch and Vossler). That, with my party at level 21 or so, quickly took down the first Demon Wall. It's worth it for the Demonsbane Sword that you can get from a treasure pot where the north and south hidden stairway passages meet. However, you can sometimes get something else, so you may need to try a few times if you really want to get the sword.

It seems now I have to go to this one mountain. And yay, Larsa is back! And his wonderful limitless supply of Hi-Potions...
 
Yes, yes...Larsa's good for that - at least. I ended up starting a new quest. Going to level up Vaan till around lvl 20 and then proceed in the storyline.

Anyone get the items...don't know the name of em - that give you better drops from different sorts of enemies?

Haven't enough gil to bother right now.
 
Zeromus_X said:
It seems now I have to go to this one mountain. And yay, Larsa is back! And his wonderful limitless supply of Hi-Potions...

and X-potions. This game seems to be a lot harder than all the other FFs I've played except for IV which also gave me a hard time, but it's all for the better, it makes me think better. I would think that this thread would get an entirely new thread based on the date of the first post, but anyway so far I love this game I'm currently at a snowy mountain with larsa, I won't spoil anything for you, but the story is engaging and well put together. I only wished that Square could sometimes make more masculine looking characters. Vaan and Larsa are so adrogynous, especially Larsa, I seriously though he was a girl the first time I saw him. Other than that this game is great, the license board sytem is great, I think I don't ever the get the spells I need on time, I guess because I'm really Frugal i mean penelo has 844 points and I only make her spend 40 at a time all my characters have at least 600 points on the board, I don't why I'm so frugal, is anyone else here like that too?
 
reason: They're called Grimoires! :) They are very helpful, or so I've heard, I don't have any yet.

Larsa can hit things too. :p

Lyde: Hah! I thought 'Lamont' was a short woman the first time I saw him! It didn't help matters that nobody referred to him as a 'he' or anything until much later. xD

Unfortunately he doesn't use X-Potions too often for me. :/

Just killed the Elder Wyrm. Man, that thing was tough. Luckily the magic shops are overflowing with new spells, like Curaga, Haste (!!), and Esuna. Those are probably the most useful magicks I have right now. I'm considering farming more Coeurl Pelts, as they sell very, very well, and the Coeurls drop multiple pelts only a short while into a chain!

Berserk + Haste = Uber-Basch.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top