What draws you to final fantasy and rpgs in general?

Something important I forgot to add: I feel like certain super awesome RPGs have higher replay values than many other games.
 
Well, I like the feeling of reading a book when I play final fantasy. Only there is an illision that I am acctually writing it myself.

The storyline is the most importent thing about these games, without it I would not play final fantasy. But I must say I favor the games were Tetsuya Nomura is the character designer.

I like the strategi in the games too and solving problems. The temples in FFX for example. Or finding/making the best weapons.
 
Another thing i love about the final fanatasy series and rpg's is that you get to explore areas too and find secret areas which aren't obvious to start of with.

I love finding out the secret areas.

Another thing i like about final fantasy are the way the individual characters develop of the course of the whole story. A good example being Cecil, Steiner, Cloud, Squall, Lulu
 
dappa said:
Another thing i love about the final fanatasy series and rpg's is that you get to explore areas too and find secret areas which aren't obvious to start of with.

I love finding out the secret areas.

Another thing i like about final fantasy are the way the individual characters develop of the course of the whole story. A good example being Cecil, Steiner, Cloud, Squall, Lulu

I agree very much. Watching characters gradually go from one point to another (mentally, emotionally, etc.) can be very interesting.
 
And you kinda empathise with some of the characters too, you even start to care for them in some instances.

I can kinda relate to characters like squall etc because I've been like that in the past
 
I enjoy the vivid storylines that make you feel responsible for everyone, the attachment you develop with the characters because you shape them how you want pretty much. The ability to enhance them , change their equipment and everything. It's a game you feel responsible for the more you play
 
What has drawn me to rpgs like final fantasy in the first place and rpgs is the fact that they take ages to complete and if you are one of those people who likes to explore everything like I do you will get months of fun.

I like other types of games too but they dont last months.
 
What I like about them also is that they take so long to complete. I think thats one reason why I really wasn't into to 10-2 though because I beat it so fast...I thought the game was rather pathetic. But I like about almost all the FF games is how you can learn to love or hate the characters instead of just playing the game and getting it over and done with. The weapons you find and creatures you meet along the way are always cool too.
 
Id say that what I like about FF is that for all most every FF it has the same general base to it the base being that four strangers come together to fight the main evil of there world. I also liked the characters alot and thought thay were all unique in there personalitys. :)
 
RPGs generally have characters that are skilled in a specific style of fighting. Some specialize in speed; some specialize in attacking; some specialize in attack magic; some specialize in healing. This creates a unique style of play for players that will vary from person to person, creating a more versatile game.

A turn-based system creates a deeper system of thinking rather than a shoot-em-up style of gameplay. One move can be the difference between you slaughtering an enemy, you winning by the skin of your teeth, or your enemy reverse the battle and slaying you.

The in depth story-lines are also awesome. All games have a common theme with other games in that genre; the storyline is the main thing that will separate one game from another.
 
I enjoy the game play, and the games are usually pretty challenging. Besides, FF itself is just fun. :D
 
I just love FF. They have made up to FF13 (when it comes out) and all the games they have made they have been given a great storyline, great characters, great game play (although 12 was a little edgy) i just think Squaresoft and then SquareEnix done an amazing job of these games, thats why i love FF =]

I.T
 
the ever changing strategies are something which keeps me entertained, i was fighting a monster called behemoth king and the ever changing palings he kept putting up and forcing me to change from attacking to spells really captivated me
 
I got Drawn in Final Fantasy games due to their Graphics. Their movie scene and Animation and 3D art amazed me so i felt like i should play it in order to watch the prettyness. also i got hooked because their story line along with the art work was awesome and playing it was fun...i would non stop about a final Fantasy game whenever i would play it.
 
Lately, I've been playing FFIII DS version non-stop. I've gotten pwn'd by two bosses already. Granted, I'm low-leveled, but these guys are no joke. D=' I don't think there's much in the newer FFs that parallel this one's difficulty. FFI also was pretty difficult at times...but I made sure to powerlevel in that one so I could pwn Warmech (braggin rights.) ;p

So I guess you can say there are a lotta things to love about this series.
 
The Graphics, plot, and music draw me to FF games. They are very well done. Plus, the gameplay is pretty good. I like turn base games because I am not constantly scrambling to press a lot of button combinations.
 
Graphics, Character designs, the battle system, and mainly the game storyline.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top